The Literary Giant

or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Alaina

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Hollywood, California, United States

Monday, August 14, 2006

I remember you well in the Shalom Retirement Hotel

Goodbye merchants of Melrose Avenue: the birl at SLOW with gapped teeth who definitely wanted it; Yana K., who gave me the job that I quit before I could collect cash or start calling it "yanak"; the Middle Eastern owner of Leather Land who tried to set me up with his also-foreign son, accompanied by a 50% discount; owners Francisco and Nico of Baracuda, who taught me that when I say, "it's not you, it's me," I actually mean, "I only like South American men"; and the transgender hairdresser, "Angel/Angelina," of Vous Hair, who took my life in her still-manly hands and made it ferocious for only $55. Any specific memories of you will quickly fade, but I'll always have a generally positive feeling toward your strip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home